What requires a CRN registration?

Pressure equipment, including pressure vessels, boilers, piping and fittings, used in Canada requires a CRN registration. Equipment must be registered with a CRN before it is used. In general, if pressure equipment operates at a pressure greater than 15 PSIG it will likely require a CRN registration. In fact, unless a particular exemption applies to the equipment, a Canadian Registration Number is needed. Keep in mind, provincial and territorial governments have the authority to govern equipment safety in their region. Therefore, CRN registration requirements vary by province and territory. As a result, CRN exemptions are set out by provincial and territorial governments.