What is B31.1 piping?
B31.1 is the ASME code for power piping. B31.1 was developed by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and is used worldwide. This code outlines proper methods for the installation, inspection, and maintenance of power piping systems. ASME B31.1 also provides requirements for the operation, design, materials, fabrication, erection, and testing of piping systems. The piping systems governed by this code are commonly found in:
- • Stations generating electric power
- • Industrial plants
- • Geothermal heating systems
- • Other heating and cooling systems
- • Manufacturers
- • Mechanical Engineers and Designers
- • Operators
- • Owners of piping systems, etc.