Most designs that follow an ASME code or standard use ASME B16.5 flange ratings. If unmodified from the dimensions and limits specified therein, then further justification for their use is not required by Regulators. However, modified ASME B16.5 flanges or those used outside of the design limits specified in ASME B16.5, need further justification. Either ASME Section II, an acceptable full gasket calculation, or Appendix Y calculation will be needed, depending on your circumstances. We can assist you with this.
About Cammar Corporation
Cammar Corporation is the combination of engineering experiences extending back to 1989. It’s Director, Cameron Sterling, MSc, PEng, worked on staff at ABSA, the CRN regulatory authority in Alberta, as a Safety Codes Officer evaluating CRN designs. The company has a solid foundation based on honesty, service, unyielding perseverance of quality and safety, proficient regulatory and technical expertise, thoroughness and practical experience. Cammar is licensed to practise professional engineering in Alberta, & Ontario.
- Top CRN Registration Changes in 2022 to be Aware Of February 22, 2022
- Fitting CRN Registrations November 26, 2021
- CRN Reconciliation vs Harmonization July 20, 2021
- Generic Designs Revisited March 17, 2021
- Maximum Allowable Working Pressure & Design Pressure February 8, 2021